Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Democrat or Republican? Republican or Democrat?

At some point in our ongoing adult lives we make a choice of which direction we will follow or support. But how so we come to this decision. Do we follow our parents example? Or those around us. Or do we simply venture out and research a party we agree with personally.

In my own defense, I followed who my parents agreed with. When they loved a certain President, I liked that President. When whey planted support signs in the front yard, I leaned towards that representative. When my turn came to cast my first vote ever during a political year, I was eager to realize whom I would vote for. That age old question crept up again. Democrat or Republican.

This lead me to realize that I do not have a personal "favorite", per say, when it comes to congress. I really do not care for either party. In the sense that i do not know enough about either to make a solid conclusion on which party I may support. This comes to a surprise to those around me. I do not gravitate to the "Popular" candidate, or the candidate who makes all the promises in the world to fix everything or make one set of citizens happy while making grief for another. By no means am I speaking on any one member in particular, this thought is geared towards all members of leadership, from the local Mayor to the Commander in Chief.

In taking this class I truly hope to gain a better understanding of the political world past and present. Where did we begin? How did we get where we are today? Is there anything that could have changed in the past to create a better future?  I have views on politics, some may not agree, but then again, who always will?

No comments:

Post a Comment